Anytime the police come after you is a scary time. You see your future flash in front of you, your family’s looks of concern, and you begin to wonder: what will you do if you have to go to jail?
It’s a scary situation to be in. No matter whether it’s the police or the FBI knocking down your door, you need someone your side who will stick up for you and fight back!
In Louisiana, criminal charges work a little bit differently than in most other states. When you are arrested for a crime, you are not immediately charged. Instead, the District Attorney’s office receives your paperwork and decides what crime you will be charged with based on the arrest report.
You will be charged within 45 days for a misdemeanor or 60 days for a felony. In many cases, you will not be charged for the crime you were arrested for. That does not mean that you can wait to plan your defense.
Don’t Wait to Contact a French Quarter Criminal Defense Attorney
The sooner you put a criminal defense lawyer on your side, the better your chances at getting your charges dropped or your sentence reduced! There is a lot that is taken into consideration when charging you with a crime and planning your defense, including:
- Past criminal convictions
- The statement you did or did not provide to the police
- Potential charges of a more serious offense or an enhanced conviction
- Your personal background, including education or military rank
Planning your defense requires at least two months. In some cases, you could enter a diversion or a non-judicial resolution to reduce the impact of your criminal charge. No matter what you’re up against, it is imperative that you put an experienced and aggressive criminal defense lawyer on your case as soon as possible.
No Matter What Charges You Face, Mordock Law Group Can Help
With years defending people from across the state of Louisiana and the country, we know what it takes to plan a strong defense on your behalf. No matter whether you were accused of a misdemeanor when visiting the French Quarter or if you are a New Orleans resident accused of a serious crime, you need the help of a skilled attorney on your side.
The types of cases we represent include:
- Marijuana and other drug law violations
- Sex crimes including rape, incest, and pornography
- Federal crimes
- White collar crimes
- Juvenile crimes
- And more…
If you were arrested, we have the skill and experience to help. Your future is on the line. The person you choose to fight on your behalf has a big impact on the outcome of your case.
Here’s what you can expect when you work with Mordock Law Group:
- We have years of experience working within the courts getting clients positive results. After helping hundreds of people facing the same frightening situation you face, we know what’s on the line for you—and we know how to help!
- You are welcomed with open arms into our uptown New Orleans office. What we discuss might be difficult, so our goal is to make you feel as comfortable as possible when you visit us.
- We answer our phones around the clock, seven days a week. We know that life happens around the clock. That’s why we give you access to a lawyer when you need one (not only when the office is open for business).
When your future is at risk, you can’t afford to leave your case in the hands of an inexperienced attorney who does not have proven results to back his claims. Call us today at 504-304-2335 to get started on your case and see what a difference having a knowledgeable, skilled criminal defense lawyer on your side can have on your future.